Prior to carrying out any alterations or improvements of your own, you must obtain our WRITTEN permission BEFORE you do anything.
- Installing a shower, fitting a new kitchen or bathroom, or any electrical work
- Any gas appliance such as a cooker or feature fire but not any form of bottled gas appliances which are not permitted under any circumstances
- Laminated flooring or any form of fixed flooring such as ceramic tiles
- Putting up garden sheds, greenhouses, garages or new fencing
- Putting up satellite dishes, TV aerials, CB aerials or signs
Satellite dishes will only be allowed on the rear of our property where permission has been granted.
To make things easier for you, we have an Application Form for requesting permission. These can be obtained from both offices or click here Application for Alterations
We will not withhold permission for your proposals unreasonably. A response to your Application will be processed within 20 working days and any conditions attached to our permission will be put in writing.
You must contact the Association once you have completed the work in order for an inspection to be carried out. If you do not contact the Association for an inspection, you will not get your alteration work approved.
The alterations and improvements you carry out may qualify for Compensation. If so, you must retain all original invoices for the work. I strongly recommend that you examine the Right to Compensation for Improvements scheme.