As a landlord, Angus Housing Association is legally required to carry out annual gas safety checks to all gas appliances and flues in our properties. We are not required to check gas appliances owned by tenants such as gas cookers.
What does the gas safety check involve?
We start the process of arranging your gas safety check around two months before it is due to ensure that we have time to arrange access to your home. Once access has been arranged our Gas Safe engineer will carry out a full check of your gas appliance which involves ensuring that the appliance:
- is properly set and adjusted so that the gas burns correctly
- is suitable for the room it is located in
- is physically stable, securely fitted and properly connected to the gas pipework
- there is an adequate and permanent air supply that is suitable for the appliance installed
- all safety devices are functioning properly
- all flues, chimneys and air vents are operating correctly
You will be provided with a copy of the gas safety record within 28 days of the check being carried out.
The gas safety check usually takes no longer than one hour.